Expanded testing will prioritized healthcare workers and patients with severe COVID-19 symptoms – IATF

THE Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases has revealed the general guidelines for the expanded COVID-19 testing.

 

According to IATF spokesman and cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles, the COVID-19 expanded testing is determined as testing all individuals who are at-risk of contracting COVID-19 infection.

 

This, comprise the following groups:

 

(1) suspect cases or

(2) individuals with relevant history of travel and exposure (or contact), whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, and

(3) health care workers with possible exposure, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic.

Indiscriminate testing beyond close contacts of a confirmed COVID-19 case is not recommended.

 

 “Dahil may global shortage ng testing kit, kinakailangan nating i-prioritize ang paggamit ng test. Ngunit dahil may expansion ng testing capacity at may pangangailangan na i-garantiya ang kaligtasan ng healthcare workers,  ang subgroup C ay ite-test at ang healthcare workers ay ipa-prioritize,” said Nograles.

 

Nograles added that all sub national laboratories are asked to allocate between 20-30% of their daily testing capacity for health workers and the remaining 70%-80% for patients.

 

 

Meanwhile, Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque stated the government plan to fight COVID-19, it is to Locate, Isolate, Cure.

 

Moreover, Roque has posted pictures on social media account, the invited experts on Monday afternoon who briefed President Duterte and some cabinet members.

 

Former Health secretaries and medical experts were in Malacañang sharing their recommendations to the chief executive on quarantine protocols and other measures to combat COVID-19.

 

Expanded testing
Former-Health Secretaries Janet Garin & Esperanza Cabral, UP Med Professor Jaime Galvez Tan, Health policy expert Susan Mercado, Health reform advocate Tony Leachon, Infectious diseases expert Marissa Alejandria, Disaster response expert Mahar Lagmay.

 

Invited experts are former-Health Secretaries Janet Garin & Esperanza Cabral, UP Med Professor Jaime Galvez Tan, Health policy expert Susan Mercado, Health reform advocate Tony Leachon, Infectious diseases expert Marissa Alejandria, Disaster response expert Mahar Lagmay.

 

However, Roque said that President Duterte has two options with regards to Enhanced Community Quarantine, it is either to extend the ECQ in Luzon or to modify the ECQ and implement it in selected LGUs.

 

SMNI NEWS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.