DAVAO City Mayor Inday Sara Duterte said the city government is bound to extend the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) after April 26, instead of adopting the less-restrictive Modified Community Quarantine (MCQ).
Earlier, Mayor Inday said the epidemiologists she has been consulting had already given her the go signal to adopt the MCQ on April 27.
Speaking over the city-owned Davao City Disaster Radio, she said that the ECQ will continue in deference to Malacañang’s pronouncement that it will be extended in “high risk” areas.
Davao City was identified among the “high risk areas.”
“We cannot go on MCQ on Monday because the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) nag pagawas og announcement,” Mayor Inday said.
“We cannot go against the classification of the national government sa area.”
Mayor Inday said nothing will change under the extended ECQ.
“Kung unsa ang nahitabo sa Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) mao gihapon ang mahitabo sa atoa. Wala gihapon mass transportation, work from home gihapon kasagaran and naa gihapon FM Pass (Food and Medicine Pass),” she said.
Mayor Inday again reiterated her call that people should stay home because the city is still facing the COVID-19 crisis.
As of 8 a.m. of April 23, the city has 33 positive cases, 49 recoveries, and 18 deaths. CIO